Joel Lesko of Sunshower Learning, and Dr. Robin have partnered to create an eLearning program for the popular Six Secret Soft Skills workshop. It describes six people-management skills that will make you more effective (and why), with practical-easy-to-do actions. The modular design includes videos introducing each of the six soft skills, interactive tools for exploring each of the skills, links to videos and research providing more learning, check-your-knowledge quizzes for each skill plus an optional final quiz, a downloadable workbook, and answers to frequently asked questions about the six soft skills. It can be used as a stand alone program, as an introduction to this content, or as a reminder after participants have gone through a live Six Soft Skills program. The e-Learning workshop takes at least 90 minutes to complete. Contact Dr. Robin for details.
Using any one of the skills in this acronym S.K.I.L.L.S. will boost your leadership effectiveness: Solution Seeking, Kudos, Inclusion, Listening, Learning, and S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals.
* Solution Seeking explains why you want to value people with answers and team members who engage others in the process for finding solutions.
* Kudos shares the motivation research that says the best Kudos:Constructive Criticism ratio is 3:1 and explains how to give feedback effectively using that research. When giving kudos, however, it is important to know what and how to give reinforcing feedback.
* Inclusion. While there are many inclusion strategies, using names with contributions is high-leverage inclusive behavior that works really when leading diverse-multicultural teams.
* Listening, as we teach it, is a meta-emotional intelligence competency that demonstrates respect, balances cultural and personality-based communication styles and helps you learn fast.
* Learning from different perspectives is a core benefit of diversity, according to state-of-the-art Harvard Business School research – and we explore the cycle of inference and how you can make sure you include more relevant information when making important decisions.
* S.M.A.R.T.E.R. While many people-managers already know how to make S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measured, Actionable, Results-Oriented and Timed) the motivation research suggests that adding Engaging and Reinforcement to your goals, e.g. making them S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals, boosts your team’s effectiveness.
An abridged version of SIX SECRET SOFT S.K.I.L.L.S. is available as a downloadable Mp3 from Dr. Robin. Audio CD Run Time 18 minutes
Download Six Soft Skills Keynote brochure.