Career by Design
— RE-INVENTING … RE-FOCUSING … RE-BALANCING —
Career by Design provides tips and tools for re-inventing, re-focusing and re-balancing your work-life!
No matter how far people go in their careers, if they feel they are not being the true to themselves, not doing what they love, not fulfilling their purpose, or somehow being inauthentic — the cost will have been too high.
In this 3rd edition of her popular Career by Design Workbook, Dr. Robin helps you:
- Ground your career choices in your unique personality.
- Live according to your core values.
- Articulate and negotiate to get your needs met.
- Play for pay using your motivating interests.
- Leverage your strengths and develop your best work skills.
- Avoid taking energy-draining jobs.
- Develop people and delegate away tasks that use your supporting skills.
- Νegotiate in your performance reviews to focus more on what you do well and the skills you want to develop.
- Βalance / harmonize work with other aspects of your life.
- Μake time for your priorities.
- Craft a two-minute career contribution statement delineating your contributions to your organization, mention your top skills with data, share the direction you want your career to take, and ask for support for the next career steps.
This third edition of the workbook has the Mission Statement, Career by Design Matrix and Career Statements tools that were popular in previous editions, but has additional tools including a mission-based decision matrix, a work-life balance assessment and a time-mastery scheduling matrix. It also references and integrates information from the MBTI, the Birkman Method, Lominger VOICES 360 Feedback, and StrengthsFinder assessments.
By using the Career by Design system, you manage your performance, seek-use-give feedback more effectively, focus more on your contributions to your organizations, work better with co-workers / bosses / team members and manage your relationships with peers and mentors better.
As a manager, the Career by Design approach helps you develop your direct reports and have more targeted discussions about the direction they want their careers to take.
Career by Design materials are available in the following formats.
You can find more information about each in the tabs below.
Book (Hard Copy)
|Purchase Career by Design on Amazon HERE.|
Purchase the Career by Design eBook.
Table of Contents (90 Pages | 10 Chapters | © 2017 | Abridged Birkman edition)
|1||Personality / Needs (Birkman)||6||Career by Design Matrix|
|2||Values||7||Career Contribution Statement|
|4||Motivating Interests||9||Work-Life Balance|
|5||Skills Inventory||10||Time Management|
This is exactly the same content as the Amazon book.
Table of Contents (151 Pages | 7 Chapters | © 2013 | MBTI edition)
|1||Introduction||6||Strengths and Skills (Strengthsfinder)|
|2||Personality – MBTI||7||Career by Design Matrix|
|3||Values and Needs (Mission Statement)||8||Tips and Tools (Decision Matrix, Career Statements, Work-Life Balance, Time Mastery)|
|4||Motivating Interests (20 Things You Love to Do)|
AUDIO | Mp3 | COMPANION WORKBOOK
Purchase the audio format of Career by Design (mp3 files; zipped folder). © 2013
|Folder includes a companion workbook in PDF format.|
Contact Dr. Robin HERE for webinar tailoring parameters and pricing.